Monday, September 2, 2013

BAM---IN MY FACE!

So, I had a great weekend...did you?  I got to go to Tucson and spend time with some fellowship friends and be of service.  It is one of the things that I am so grateful that I "get" to do now days.  If I were drinking, drugging, or otherwise engaging in massively horrible things, I wouldn't be alive to "get" to do this stuff....hence why I love that I "get" to do these trips and spend time being of service to others.

Got home on Sunday evening, tired and tired could be.  Got something to eat and went to bed.  Woke up this morning and BAM...FOOD ADDICTION IN MY FACE!.  Wow!  I thought about the "sneaky eating" I did over the weekend and all the trigger foods I have in my house and OMG....my head about exploded!  I just joined (was invited by a sweet friend who is just the best) a facebook group that is forming that is full of food addicted folks who are involved with OA (Overeaters Anonymous).  Now, I have done OA in the past and I guess i wasnt ready cause all I heard was "dont eat this and dont eat that" and I said "dont need you" and left.  (Several years ago!).  However, today...I need help.  I am facing some stuff that I never thought I would ever be able to face.  Maybe it is because I now am trusting in God like never before...cause I cannot do this without his help!

So...what have I done?  I have thrown out what I know is my trigger foods.  I have attended 1 OA online meeting and will be attending another soon.  I emailed the online group's intergroup and requested a sponsor list.  I have ordered the OA literature (They have some of their own and they use AA literature as well, which I have).  I know how this works from the AA standpoint....but I know that I cannot do this on my own.  So....I have less than 24 hours of abstinence.  I'm scared as hell!

Blessings
Kyle

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about OA myself recently - but don't know much about it - or if I'd rather an in person or online meeting. I'll reach out to you on FB so we can talk about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking with my fat brain too lately. It's terrible. I just got a book in for review - "The Shift." Will read/review asap. I know I'm mostly subscription boxes, but I try not to be 100% :)

    Brandy
    MommySplurge

    ReplyDelete